Tuesday, May 22, 2012

One more holiday gone!

It's at the end of another successful holiday, and I find myself in Frankfurt Airport with some time to reflect on the past few weeks.

We managed to pack quite a bit into the last holidays. First and foremost, we managed to get the Landy back on the road. On our road trips it was giving us 5.3km/l on the open road, and 3.7km/l in town/on sand. So, I christened it "Rand Rower" ( Afrikaans speaking people should be chuckling now ) Obviously, some more tuning is in order, and I still need to sort out center diff lock and low range on the transfer case. That is a little project for next trip.

During the first week of the trip, it was Bernt's birthday, and he took us on a sailing cruise around Walvis Bay to celebrate. It was beautiful and awesome. Thanks, Bernt!

 We had a lovely group of people out, and it was a day to remember.









Hmm... I am running out of time here, I'll post the rest of the holiday update at a later, unannounced ( hopefully soon ) date.

No comments:

Post a Comment