Friday, May 8, 2009

Small injury today...

But it hurts quite badly!

So... picture on the left is what a hole in my left index finger looks like. I was out working on the workboats, and we pulled off quite an interesting mission, and got thoroughly wet in the process.

So, I went to hide in the inside of the cabin of the workboat. Turns out that this was a mistake. With my skin nice and soft from being exposed to seawater for so long, it was only a small knock on a rough edge, but it was enough to skin off the tip of my finger, take some meat along and hit a small vein.

It simply took ages for the bleeding to stop. The medic on board our mothervessel even tried to stitch it closed, but it was a) too painful and b) not possible as he kept on hitting the bone inside my finger with his needle.

I finally got the wound to dry out by letting the warm air from my laptop blow across the wound as I was doing some video importing. :)

2 comments: